Innovative marketing professional with a crafted approach to building trusted (consumer/product) relationships through targeted, creative brand promotion. Strong working knowledge of concept development and strategic communication techniques. Passionate about producing high impact results to build consumer engagement through content marketing. Ability to adapt quickly and execute multiple detail-oriented tasks under strict deadlines.
Media relations, social media management, strategic planning, event coordination, grant writing, creative direction, copy writing, project management, campaign coordination.
Systems: Outlook, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, specialist in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Marketing & Communications Director, 2012-Current
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pinellas County, Tampa, FL
Responsible for increasing brand visibility through marketing and public relations. Focus on developing and implementing specified messaging to engage potential volunteers, donors and corporate alliances. Collaborate across departments to strategically build brand presence. Execute all creative design (copy & web) and internal/external communications. Represent the agency at media events and interviews. Build and cultivate relationships with media contacts and Board Members. Promoted from Coordinator after one year. Highlights include:
• Contributed to agency’s largest male recruitment campaign, 100 Men in 100 Days, supporting record breaking results of 161 Big Brothers recruited.
• Serve as the lead of the Marketing & Communications Board of Directors committee.
• Initiated the first ever “Big Couple” campaign and surpassed goal of recruiting 50 new mentors while capitalizing on a niche demographic.
• Serve as individual grant writer, securing more than $150,000 in revenue in 2013.
• Tripled Facebook fan base and grew social media presence by 12% since on-boarding.
• Key element in creating communication development plan throughout recent agency consolidation with sister agency.
• Launched the first “Big Networking” group on Facebook for volunteers to connect and share their experiences. Within 2 months of launch, 10% of agency volunteers were utilizing and benefitting from the page.
• Responsible for increasing the opening rate of agency mailings from 17% to 26% by directing a strategic distribution method.
• Play an integral role in coordination of signature events, including the agency’s annual donor and volunteer appreciation event, catering to more than 500 guests.
Arts + Entertainment Columnist, University of Tampa Newspaper, Tampa, FL 2011
Identified feature content for campus newspaper, “The Minaret,” in collaboration with editorial staff. Wrote and edited weekly articles in addition to providing accompanying photography. Gained substantial experience meeting hard deadlines in newsroom setting. Highlights include:
• Initiated the first restaurant critic role for the newspaper, which is now a permanent function.
• Contributed to the launch of the first campus magazine.
Social Media Coordinator, Aerial Innovations, Tampa, FL 2011
Managed social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and online stock imagery portfolio. Created and distributed company communications to build client rapport. Coordinated project schedules and managed content.
Brand Ambassador, Pizza Fusion, Tampa, FL 2010-2011
Stimulated brand development by promoting product knowledge to local markets. Represented restaurant at culinary events to build brand recognition in the organic community and generate clientele prior to company’s grand opening. Worked collaboratively with Corporate Office to create marketing criteria and execute business strategies. Highlights include:
• Contributed to the first Pizza Fusion franchise grand opening in Tampa Bay; an addition to more than 25 existing stores nationwide.
• Initiated a “Kids Club” component to immediately cater to the strong family demographic in the geographic area.
• Launched the Pizza Fusion Westchase Facebook page, which is now maintained by the Corporate Office.
University of Tampa, Bachelor of Arts
Communications + Journalism
Recognized as one of “30 under 30” up and comers by the Tampa Bay Business Journal in 2013